Bahrain, located in the Middle East, the first civilisation in the area and known as The Land of life. Made up of 33 islands, the main island seems like an Oasis compared to the very barren lands of its Arabian neighbours. This fabulous country where ancient and modern cultures stand side by side, streets of sky scrapers and mosques, offers a unique Eastern experience. English is widely spoken so a holiday in Bahrain is ideal for those wishing to visit far away shores but not the unknown.
Holidays to Bahrain
For Middle Eastern holidays, hot holidays and those seeking pastures new, holidays to Bahrain are a great excuse to have it all. Known as the land of life as well as the kingdom of two seas, its clear to see that a cheap holiday to Bahrain is out of the ordinary. As one of the more luscious Arabic islands, Bahrain really does have it all, boasting the ancient Arabic cultures as well as unique modern vibes, Bahrain already has the makings of a truly wonderful holiday!
Being one of the more welcoming Arab states to, leaves tourists to truly experience the real things and gives holiday makers a great Eastern experience. Yet with English widely spoken, tourists never need to feel lost. Aside from shopping and admiring the beautiful mosques of the island and their neighbouring sky scrapers, beach fun is the norm. Pearl diving and Dolphin watching are two of the more unusual, yet magical holiday past times, and definitely to be had whilst on a cheap holiday to Bahrain! Dining is of course taken very seriously in Bahrain and is best had in the islands capital Manama, taste buds will be brought back to life quicker than you can say yum! If not by the foods but by the infamous Arabian coffees found in these parts of the world. For first time visitor to the Gulf, Bahrain is a great jumping off point, being far more relaxed than some of the other nations as well as teaming with things to see and do, great holidays with a difference are always guaranteed.
The relaxed lifestyles of Bahrain with plenty of attractions ideal for those wishing to explore the Gulf and in fact tourists flock to the island in their numbers for guaranteed hot, summer sun holidays and idyllic winter warmers. Most come a little more intrigued and fascinated than they would be landing Alicante airport! For history buffs The Bahrain National museum has pieces that date back to the countries first human movements, 9000 years ago! Also be sure to check out the Bahrain Fort Qalat Al Bahrain, now a world heritage site with a museum too, this landmark is great for adults and kids alike! The new Iceberg tower which is actually a ski resort is due to be opened in 2009…And really is a big enough invite to Bahrain on its own!
For those after something special head to the islands Al Areen Wildlife Park, perhaps the best way to truly grasp the enchantments of the island! Head into Manama's famous central districts in the afternoons, the souk is a great place to bag some bargain essentials! Jewellery, herbs and spices are general great finds. Cheaper hotels can be found outside of the capital, but being such a small island, wherever you are, you really are in easy reach of everything. The best hotels, boasting those favourite all inclusive basis' for 2009 can be found just a stones throw away from the capital in it's trendy beach areas! Manama and Bahrain really do have the key ingredients for a superb holiday, as a cheaper option for heading off to somewhere less well trodden, this Arabic nation really does win hands down. For cheap holidays and great deals check out our website or talk to one of our knowledgeable advisers! Holidays needn't break the bank, but can always be special.
Top 5 Luxurious Hotels In Bahrain
Bahrain is a favorite tourist destination located in the Persian Gulf and in order to enjoy the sights and tourist activities one needs to stay there for a number of days. Bahrain offers some of the best hotel experiences in the world and there is need for a good accommodation as one goes about visiting the place. Below is a list of the top 5 luxury hotels in Bahrain that offer a worth experience.
The Intercontinental Regency Hotel
- It is a 5 star classic luxury hotel that was built in 1980 and remodeled in 2011.
- It has 321 rooms, 266 single-bedded rooms, 43 double bedded rooms, 31 suites, 15 meeting rooms and 6 restaurants.
- The hotel does not allow moving around with pets at its premises, however there is an offset kennel where the guests are guided to keep the pets by the concierge team.
- The staff at the Intercontinental speaks a number of languages which include Arabic, Swahili, Turkish, English, Punjabi, Hindi, German, Indonesian, French and Tagalog.
- The hotel has views across the Bahrain Financial Harbour that is a six-minute stroll away, and is also near the Bahrain City Centre which is a 10-minute drive away
- It has two outdoor pools, live cultural entertainment, a recreation and sports court and spa facilities.
- The currency used at the hotel is the Bahrain Dinar (BHD).
- It offers free standard internet to all guests, house-keeping and laundry services, an on-site health and fitness center and business services between 9:00AM-12:00PM.
- The hotel strictly forbids drinking of alcohol in public areas and it’s only allowed in designated areas.
The Ritz Carlton Bahrain, Hotel and Spa
- It is a classic 5 star hotel with 5 restaurants and bars, 245 rooms and suites.
- It is located at the edge of Manama Bay, 11 kilometers from the airport and only 3 kilometers from the Manama City Centre.
- It has panoramic views of the sparkling waters.
- It offers twice daily house-keeping and laundry services, a 24-hour in-room dining, an individual air-temperature control, high-speed internet access, a built-in safe and hair drier, coffee making facilities and interactive multilingual plasma TVs as some of the guest room amenities.
- The Ritz Carlton offers a Boarding Pass Printing Station that enables guests to sign in to their flights and print the boarding passes while still in the hotel saving them from the long queues at the airport. The airlines included in this benefit are: Emirates, Etihad, British Airways, Lufthansa and the Cathay Pacific.
- It has an outdoor and indoor swimming pool, a ladies’ and gentlemen’s hair salons, an award winning ladies’ spa facility, a gymnasium, a fully equipped business center, a shopping arcade with six luxury boutiques, a currency exchange center, wheelchair access, valet parking and concierge team services.
- The check-in time at The Ritz Carlton is 3:00PM while the check-out time is 12:00PM.
- Credit cards are required to guarantee a reservation while the cancellation policy states that it should be done 1500hrs on the day of arrival. Taxes are 15% service charge and 5% government levy.
- Transportation is offered from the airport in different vehicle brands and models at different charges according to a person’s means of transport.
The Kempinski Grand & Ixir Hotel Bahrain City Centre
- It is a classic 5 star luxury hotel that was built in 2011 and has 460 rooms, 80 suites, 2 bars and 5 restaurants.
- It is located in the Seef area of Manama in the city centre and 10 kilometers away from the airport.
- The Kempinski has a number of coffee shops, poolside bar, an executive floor, safety deposit boxes, a business center, facilities for the physically challenged guests, a smoking area, meeting facilities, airport transport and a 24-hr room service.
- For sports and recreation The Kempiski offers an outdoor swimming pool, a fitness center, a sauna, a spa, a steam room and a hot tub massage.
- The check-in time is 3:00PM as the earliest while the check-out time is 12:00PM.
- There is free internet access in all the rooms and in the public areas too. There is also a spacious car park which includes valet parking.
The Gulf Hotel Bahrain
- It is also a classic 5 star hotel built in 1969 and is located in the central Adliya district in the heart of Bahrain Island only 15 minutes ride from the airport.
- The hotel has 359 posh rooms and suites, 16 restaurants, bars and lounges, 29 meeting rooms with on and off site catering services and 79 premium posh one to three bedded rooms that are serviced and fully furnished apartments for short and long rent periods.
- The Gulf Hotel has a lagoon-fashion swimming pool, health club, 4 squash and tennis courts and a kids’ pool and play section for sports and recreation.
- The restaurants at the hotel offer a diverse selection of cuisines such as Japanese, Iranian, Chinese, Thai, and Lebanese and Western-Asian fusion among others.
- Situated in its premises are a flower shop, salon and barber.
- There is also free internet access in the rooms and the public areas.
The Diplomat Radisson Blu Hotel Residence and Spa
- It is a boutique design 5 star hotel with 246 luxurious guest rooms, 3 restaurants, 121 state of the art apartment for prolonged stays and spacious meeting facilities that can hold up to 1800 guests.
- It is located at the heart of Bahrain’s capital city minutes away from the Financial Harbour, commercial, banking and shopping districts.
- It has 4 swimming pools both indoor and outdoor, a health club, a spa and also offers free high speed internet in all guest rooms and the public areas.
- It is mostly known as the hotel with the most spacious rooms which come in three styles namely: Maritime, Classic and Italian.
- The hotel also offers 24-hr room service.
A Bahrain visa is required for people of different nationalities and it can be conveniently received at the Bahrain International Airport or at the border with Saudi Arabia. A foreign exchange office is provided at the immigration counter at the airport and at the Saudi Arabian border. There are also multiple-entry business visas for citizens of certain nationalities and are valid for six months.