Grand Safari Kenya
- Day 1 London, Nairobi - London Heathrow Airport flight to Jomo Kenyatta Airport, Nairobi.
- Day 2 Nairobi - On arrival at Jomo Kenyatta Airport, you will be transferred to your first overnight stop in the colourful city of Nairobi. Time for relaxation before an included evening dinner.
- Day 3 Nairobi, Aberdare National Park - Today we head north to the beautiful Aberdare Mountain Range in the central highlands of Kenya. The lower slopes of this mountainous terrain are covered with lush rainforest, home to elephant, buffalo, black rhino, baboon and Syke’s monkey. We arrive in time for lunch at the lovely Outspan Hotel, the last home of Lord Baden Powell, founder of the Boy Scout movement, and where there is a small museum in his memory. We then depart for the famed Treetops Lodge for evening game viewing from the lodge, dinner and overnight stay.
- Day 4 Lake Nakuru National Park - We leave the lodge this morning after breakfast and head west to Nyahururu and to the Thompson Falls, where the river cascades over 230 feet into the valley below. We continue to Lake Nakuru National Park, renowned as an ornithologist’s paradise and which is the seasonal home to thousands of pink flamingos that feed on the algae in the lake. We arrive at the Lake Nakuru lodge in time for lunch and after a leisurely afternoon, set out again for a game drive. The lodge has a superb elevated location within the reserve, from which it is possible to experience the incredible abundance of game such as Rothschild giraffe, black and white rhino, lion and leopard. Dinner is included at the lodge tonight.
- Day 5 Lake Nakuru, Lake Naivasha - After an early morning game drive and breakfast we leave Lake Nakuru behind and head for Lake Naivasha, another of the lakes in the Great Rift Valley and also an incredible bird sanctuary where over 400 species have been recorded to date. We have lunch at our overnight accommodation the Lake Naivasha Sopa Lodge, located on the south-eastern shore. Dinner is included tonight at our lodge.
- Day 6 Lake Naivasha - This morning we explore the Crescent Island Game Conservancy on our included excursion. Located on the eastern side of the lake, the reserve is a haven for viewing both birds and game alike. After returning to our lodge for lunch, the afternoon is free to relax before our included dinner
- Day 7 Lake Naivasha, Masai Mara Game Reserve - We enjoy breakfast and then head for the Masai Mara Game Reserve with wonderful scenery and plentiful game en route. The Mara, as it is known locally, is home to a breathtaking abundance of wildlife and herds of animals can be seen in every direction. The Masai Mara is most famous for the annual migration, where millions of wildebeest, zebra and gazelle cross the Mara River in search of fresh grazing. We arrive at the Mara Sopa Lodge, located on the slopes of the Oloolaimutia hills, where we spend the next two nights. After lunch we set off with high expectations for an afternoon game drive. The Mara is noted for its abundance of lion, buffalo and rhino. We return to our lodge for dinner.
- Day 8 Masai Mara Game Reserve - Today is one full of anticipation as we make our way into the Masai Mara and travel across the vast plains in search of some of the magnificent wildlife to be found in East Africa. The day concludes with dinner at our lodge where, no doubt, the topic of conversation is likely to be what wildlife we encountered today.
- Day 9 Nairobi, Masai Mara, London - After an early breakfast, we leave Mara Sopa Lodge this morning and are driven to Nairobi. On arrival in Nairobi we are taken to the Sarova Stanley Hotel to spend the remainder of the day at leisure before transferring to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport for your Kenya Airways direct schedule flight to London Heathrow.
- Day 10 London
10 days from £2195 per person
Please quote ref tt12
IMPORTANT TOUR INFORMATION
Safari routing and/or lodges may vary from those stated for operational reasons.
Other similar escorted tours available