Charm of Cape Cod with Historic Boston escorted tour
- Day 1 London, Boston, Cape Cod - London Heathrow Airport flight direct to Boston. On arrival, we transfer to our hotel.
- Day 2 Cape Cod - Today we spend the day familiarising ourselves with Cape Cod. We tour the pristine beaches, passing through the picturesque village of Chatham, and visit multi-cultural Provincetown. Later we return to Falmouth, where the remainder of the day will be free.
- Day 3 Martha's Vineyard - This morning we catch the ferry for a short crossing to Martha’s Vineyard, popular with movie stars and politicians. In Oak Bluffs, you will find bustling tourist shops, an antique working carousel and colourful little gingerbread cottages at the Methodist Campgrounds. We return to Falmouth where the evening is free, offering the chance to sample the range of dining opportunities just a short walk away.
- Day 4 Cape Cod - The village of Falmouth Center is the heart and soul of this town. The first European residents settled just a stone’s throw away on the neck of the land between Siders and Salt Ponds. You may wish to take a Whale Watcher cruise from Barnstable Harbour, take a stroll along the beaches, meander down Main Street in Falmouth which is one of the most charming on Cape Cod, or just simply relax and enjoy the amenities in the hotel.
- Day 5 Cape Cod, Plymouth, Boston - We depart Falmouth this morning for Boston, travelling via Sandwich and on to Plymouth, America’s hometown, where it all started back in 1620. You will have an opportunity to join an optional excursion to Plimoth Plantation and Mayflower II. Alternatively you may wish to explore the town. containing. On arrival in Boston, we have arranged for a city tour to orientate you with your surrounds. Later this afternoon, we transfer to the centrally located Hotel.
- Day 6 West Brookfield, Deerfield - This morning we drive through Massachusetts to West Brookfield and the Salem Cross Inn where we have arranged for lunch and a guided tour. The Inn dates back to the 1700s and is named for the hex mark found on the door, to ward off witches. This afternoon, we return via Historic Deerfield, a mile-long street where a delightful 19th Century community has been recreated, not as a museum, but as a place for lovers of old America to make their homes. We then return to Boston, where the evening is free for you to sample some of Boston’s excellent restaurants and nightlife.
- Day 7 Boston - Today is free for you to explore this most British of American cities. With its cobbled lanes and public transport, Boston may feel very European, but this is where the American Revolution began. An easy, walkable city, it is worth taking your time to explore, keeping your eye out for the details and the odd quirk of architecture such as the brass plates and gas lamps at Beacon Hill. The city is also a superb shopping centre.
- Day 8 Boston, London - Some free time this morning before transferring later to the airport for your flight to London Heathrow.
Prices from £1645 per person
Please quote ref tt12
Other similar escorted tours available