Southern Musical Medley with Nashville and Memphis escorted tours
Day 1 London to Atlanta
- Day 2 Atlanta , Lynchburg, Nashville - This morning we travel to the small town of Lynchburg and the Jack Daniels Distillery where we take a guided tour. After we visit the "Queen of the Tennessee Plantations", Belle Meade. Our included tour centres around the 1853 Greek Revival mansion and its fascinating antique carriage collection. We then continue our journey to Nashville and your base for the next three nights.
- Day 3 Nashville - Nashville is a city of contrasts, famous as the country music capital of the world and also called the ‘Athens of the South’ having, as it does, the only full scale replica of the Greek Parthenon. This morning we take a guided tour which introduces you to the Facets of the city including the Parthenon replica and the Country Music Hall of Fame. Here you will discover an array of artefacts and memorabilia which tells the story of its musical history and the legendary stars. This afternoon is at your leisure to explore Nashville.
- Day 4 Nashville, Grand Ole Opry - Today is a free day to explore at leisure. Tonight’s included entertainment is a visit to the mecca of Country and Western Music, the Grand Ole Opry. Enjoy the wide variety of country music and its many colourful performers as the show is broadcast live.
- Day 5 Tupelo Memphis - This morning we travel to the small town of Lynchburg and the Jack Daniels Distillery where we take a guided tour. After we visit the "Queen of the Tennessee Plantations", Belle Meade. Our included tour centres around the 1853 Greek Revival mansion and its fascinating antique carriage collection. We then continue our journey to Nashville and your base for the next three nights.
- Day 6 Graceland - This morning we take an orientation tour of Memphis before our included visit to Graceland, home of Elvis Presley. Our comprehensive tour includes exploration of the Elvis Presley Automobile Museum, the Lisa Marie Jet and Hound Dog II JetStar planes. The rest of the day is free to make your own discoveries.
- Day 7 Memphis, Tunica - This morning we visit the Rock ‘n’ Soul exhibition, a fascinating and memorable experience showcasing the Blues of BB King to the Rock of Jerry Lee Lewis. For those who wish, we journey this evening south into Mississippi to the historic town of Tunica which has recently become a major gambling attraction with its many Las Vegas style casinos. Here you are free to gamble or simply relax in the many restaurants available.
- Day 8 Memphis, Huntsville - Today we travel into Alabama to Muscle Shoals, the ‘Hit Recording Capital of the World’. We visit a famous recording studio and the Alabama Music Hall of Fame where you will have the opportunity to record your own ‘hit’ as a group. Later this afternoon we travel onto the modern and diverse city of Huntsville.
- Day 9 Huntsville, Atlanta, London - Today we travel to Atlanta and take a tour of the city which includes a visit to the Martin Luther King Memorial. We then transfer you to Atlanta airport or our direct scheduled British Airways flight to London Heathrow.
- Day 10 London - Arrival at London Heathrow Airport
Other similar escorted tours available
Prices from £1775 per person
Please quote ref tt12