Highlights of Australia
- Day 1 London, In-Flight - London Heathrow Airport for your direct flight to Singapore.
- Day 2 In-Flight, Perth - We arrive into Singapore and board our onward connecting flight to Perth, Australia’s fourth largest city. Following a mid afternoon arrival we transfer to the hotel for a three night stay. The remainder of the afternoon and evening are at leisure.
- Day 3 Perth - This morning we embark on a sightseeing tour of Perth before continuing to Fremantle, the world’s best-preserved seaport for free time to explore. Later we return to Perth by coach, or alternatively you may wish to spend more time here and make your way back separately, possibly by way of a cruise on the Swan River or by the fast and regular train service.
- Day 4 Perth - Perth has a cosmopolitan charm and today we leave you free to make our own arrangements to explore the city, with its large areas of parkland, fine beaches and distinctive lifestyle. Alternatively you may wish to take an optional cruise on the Swan River visiting several top wineries, or perhaps a full day tour including the intriguing Wave Rock.
- Day 5 Perth, Alice Springs - Mid-morning we transfer to the airport for our flight to Alice Springs, a town located in the heart of Australia’s Red Centre. On arrival we transfer to the hotel where we stay for two nights. The evening is free
- Day 6 Alice Springs - Our morning tour introduces you to ‘The Alice’, which was founded as a staging point for the overland telegraph line in the 1870’s. We will visit the Old Telegraph Station, the mid point for the line which ran from Adelaide to Darwin, the Royal Flying Doctors Service, and the School of the Air, before completing our tour with a panoramic view of the town from the ANZAC Hill lookout. The afternoon is free for you to make your own explorations.
- Day 7 Alice Springs, Uluru - An overland journey this morning takes us through the outback to one of the world’s true wonders, Uluru, which together with Kata Tjuta are inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage list. In the afternoon we make our explorations of the conglomerate domes of Kata Tjuta, which are actually higher in elevation than the rock at Uluru. Later in the day we head to Uluru in order to view the spectacular sunset and the stunning changes in colour that wash over rock
- Day 8 Uluru, Cairns - Sunrise offers a very different perspective of the Rock and after this experience we embark on a tour for the base; view ancient cave paintings and learn of Aboriginal legends, plus we visit the park’s visitor’s centre. Later we transfer to the airport for our flight to Cairns, the hub for North Queensland’s tropical coast. We stay here for four nights..
- Day 9 Great Barrier Reef - An unforgettable day as we experience the Great Barrier Reef, one of the world’s most amazing wonders. Our comfortable catamaran takes us to the platform located on the Outer Reef, where there are a host of activities available. Snorkelling is one of the most popular things to do, but you don’t even have to get wet to be able to immerse yourself in wonders here, as a semi-submersible trip and underwater observatory are also included, as is a tasty buffet lunch.
- Day 10-11 Cairns - Two full free days in Cairns, which enjoys a tropical setting and benefits from golden beaches where locals and visitors alike experience the seaside atmosphere. The main focal point is the Foreshore Promenade that is home to a waterfront swimming lagoon. Alfresco dining is in abundance for those who want to simply relax and enjoy some of the excellent restaurants. During your free time you may wish to take an optional excursion to Kuranda travelling on both a scenic railway and spectacular skyrail, or perhaps travel up to Cape Tribulation and the Daintree rainforest.
- Day 12 Cairns, Melbourne - Mid-morning we transfer to the airport for our flight to Melbourne, Australia’s second city. We stay here for three nights. The evening is at leisure.
- Day 13 Melbourne - We start the day with a city orientation tour that showcases both the ‘old’ and the ‘new’ which makes the city as attractive as it is. One particular stop we make will be at the Old Melbourne Gaol, with an historic tour of the infamous landmark. The afternoon is free to make your own explorations of Melbourne. Alternatively you can take an optional trip to Phillip Island which includes time to view the famous Little Penguins return to their burrows each evening.
- Day 14 Melbourne - Free day in Melbourne. Why not explore Federation Square and the botanical gardens, perhaps travelling by tram. You may also want to get a bird’s eye view of the city from the 88th Floor of the Eureka Tower, the tallest in the city. Alternatively you an take an optional tour to the Dandenong Range with a ride on an historic railway, combined with a tour of some excellent Yarra Valley wineries.
- Day 15 Melbourne, Sydney - This morning we transfer to the airport for our flight to Sydney, where on arrival we commence our tour of this remarkable city. Not only do we visit the Rocks, with its historic buildings and winding streets, Mrs Macquarie’s Chair for superb views of the harbour, take time to view the Opera House and harbour Bridge, but we also travel to the famous Bondi Beach where you can walk the popular promenade and view one of Sydney’s most popular playgrounds. Our base for a three night stay.
- Day 16-17 Sydney - Two days to make your own explorations of the city that has a compact central district that can easily be explored on foot. An optional excursion is available to the stunning Blue Mountains, as is an optional cruise on Sydney’s famous harbour.
- Day 18 Sydney, In-Flight - An opportunity for last minute shopping before departing for the airport and your scheduled flight to Bangkok or Singapore and onward scheduled flight to London.
19 days from £3295 per person
Please quote ref tt12
Other similar escorted tours available