Highlights of the Dordogne by Train
A rail holiday in the beautiful French countryside with a rich variety of experiences.
Stunning Rocamadour, an ancient village built into the side of a cliff, is the base from where we explore the lovely Dordogne by train, with its sunflowers, walnut trees, castles and hilltop villages. This is an area equally known for its rich history and gastronomy.
Cahors Lot Valley Guided walking tour of Rocamadour, Lunch in the Pont de l'Ouysse restaurant, Padirac Chasm, Medieval Sarlat, La Roque Gageac & River cruise along the Dordogne in a Gabare boat.
- First Class rail and coach travel as described (Standard Premier Class on Eurostar journeys with a light meal and drinks)
- 5 nights' hotel accommodation with breakfast each day
- 3 dinners accompanied by wine
- 3 full days accompanied by a local guide
- Excursion to Cahors with a guided tour
- Lunch at a regional country restaurant
- Visit to St Cirq Lapopie
- Guided walking tour of Rocamadour
- Lunch at the Michelin-starred Le Pont de l'Ouysse restaurant
- Visit to Padirac Chasm
- Excursion to Sarlat with a guided tour
- Visit to La Roque Gageac
- A gabare boat cruise on the Dordogne
- All transfers
- The services of a professional Tour Manager throughout
- Single room prices include the supplement for single occupancy throughout: £150
- Other similar escorted tours available
Prices from £945